Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I try to jack off, he ask me who is you playin' wit? But I know he love you, he told me you was his favorite.


Peep my Q&A with John Legend in Boston's Weekly Dig:


[defend yourself]
JOHN LEGEND
By Isabelle Davis

He used to be a session musician for Lauryn Hill, Alicia Keys and Kanye West. Now, he's like Liberace, only much more attractive and talented, with ladies simply losing their shit at his concerts. The man is currently on the first leg of a huge North American tour to promote Evolver, his first full-length studio album in two years.

WHAT'S IT LIKE TOURING WITH RAPHAEL SAADIQ? MUST BE A LOT OF LADIES IN THE CROWD.

[laughs] Well, it woulda been that way anyway, but we have a lot of couples more than anything. A lot of couples come to the shows.

AL GREEN SAID THAT YOU WERE ONE OF HIS TOP CHOICES AS A COLLABORATOR. HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL?

Well, I'm glad to know that, I never heard that before, I'm very glad to know that!

I LOVE THAT YOU GOT ANDRE 3000 ON A TRACK. IT'S A SPECIAL TREAT.

He's focused on a lot of different things, I think—his acting career and all that. But you know, he loved the song and he wanted to do it. He just got inspired and tried it when he heard the song and the beat. And felt like it was just something he wanted to be a part of.

IS THERE ANYBODY THAT YOU ARE DYING TO WORK WITH?

There's so many great artists out there and I've already worked with a vast majority of them. I haven't worked with Beyoncé; I haven't worked with Amy Winehouse yet; Feist maybe would be cool, too.

I SAW YOU A FEW YEARS AGO AND THERE WERE LOTS OF GIRLS GOING CRAZY; SCREAMING, CRYING AND FREAKING OUT. HAS ANYBODY THROWN PANTIES ONSTAGE OR ANYTHING?

[laughs] I don't think people do that panties thing anymore. You would think they would do it at my show if they still did it. I don't think it's the normal thing to do anymore.

[John Legend with Raphael Saadiq. Tue 12.2.08. Orpheum Theatre, One Hamilton Pl., Boston. 617.482.0650. 7:30pm/all ages/$46-$70.50. ticketmaster.com]

defend yourself: John Legend [Weekly Dig]

No comments: